Saturday, March 12, 2016

tacos, rice and beans

tacos...can you believe that as a kid, I had never had a taco...(we were very sheltered and poor)...and once married I never even thought of tacos...I am sure we had tacos to eat but I never thought of making them...but, I was at a neighbor's house and she was making tacos for their dinner and I watched her and it was like a light bulb went off...I could do this...and this was like 30+ years ago...I have been making them since and the family all loves them too...

there is no secret to my tacos...I do like my ground meat heavily seasoned, and I love the yellow corn tortillas lightly fried...and since I have the carne asada fish tacos at Senor Baha's with cabbage instead of lettuce, I also add shredded cabbage to my tacos...

for my spanish rice I use tomato juice with salsa, seasonings and corn and black olives...

family was happy with dinner tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment