Friday, March 18, 2016

St Patricks day dinner, corned beef with cabbage

we always look forward to this day, as everyone in the family loves corned beef...I guess it is apparent when I sent hubby to store for corned beef, he came back with 6 of them...I can only fit 2 into the slow cooker, so I still have 4 in the freezer...ha, hubby will love to have this again soon...

so I put 2 of the corned beef into the slow cooker before I went to work and started them on low and totally they cooked about 10 hours...

then I threw some diced potatoes and carrots onto boil...for the cabbage, I now like to use the cole slaw already shredded in the bag and I sautee 2 bags in a little butter, add some seasonings (garlic slat, onion powder, pepper and some celery salt) and cook down till wilted and tender...hubby absolutely loves it this way and daughter loves to make colcannon with it...

overwhelming, stressful day but this was a nice down home comfort meal...

No comments:

Post a Comment