Monday, March 14, 2016

swiss steak (tomato version) and homemade mashed potatoes



I absolutely love swiss steak made any way...always looking for a new way to make it different from what I am used to...

this is the recipe I used today...loosely based on this...

http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2015/02/slow-cooker-swiss-steak.html

years ago, I made a swiss steak with a McCormick's seasoning packet...they no longer make it...and it was a good tomato-y based recipe...my favorite recipe is a creamy based one that I absolutely love...and it makes a terrific gravy...but I made that one about 2 weeks ago and I wanted to try a new tomato one...so I googled...

this one was good, although I changed the recipe a little to fit my family more...some members of my family absolutely hate tomatoes and this recipe called for canned tomatoes so I substituted tomato sauce instead...
I got up this morning and floured my meat and seared it and the onions before putting in slow cooker...I think it gives it a better taste and body...the rest of it I did the same...

it was good and everyone did like it...I still like my own a little better...

I would recommend this one if you like the tomato version...

and of course my own homemade mashed potatoes...everyone loves my potatoes...I add cream cheese and tonight I made them fully loaded with bacon and cheese also...

No comments:

Post a Comment