Monday, March 21, 2016

chicken fried rice

a long time ago, I tried to make fried rice and it did not turn out so well...it is a good thing I did not give up...I love fried rice and that is usually all I will get at an Asian restaurant...Pick Up Stix makes a really good beef friend rice...

so, I kept at it and came up with a good recipe that fits our family and we all love it...seconds do not stay around here long at all...

surprisingly, I use Minute Rice...and I make up ahead of time 7 cups of rice and let sit for a little while to let the moisture release...

I take 1/3 at a time and fry it in as little oil as I can and add garlic salt, pepper and onion powder to it...once it has gotten to the consistency I like I add soy sauce and I add enough where all of the rice is covered with the soy...

then once that is done I add:

cooked, diced chicken
bacon
green onions
frozen pead
shredded carrots
cashews
and some softly scrambled eggs...

once all of this is added, it makes me happy cause it looks so good and I love all of the colors in it...

so glad that there are some leftovers for lunch tomorrow (I had to hide me some in the frig...)

yum happy eating

No comments:

Post a Comment