Tuesday, March 15, 2016

layered chicken bake, Thanksgiving in every bite

I have made this before and posted of it before also...we love it...

this was originally a Kraftfoods.com recipe but they have since removed it from their site...they had it listed as a chart, with different ways to make it...(Italian, almadine, etc) but we loved the almadine version the best...and now, I cannot remember the other ways...so I continue with it this way...but once we got used to it, we changed it to our way of eating anyway...

it has chicken, diced up in a sort of gravy, with peas (original recipe had green beans) almonds sprinkled on it, (we also add cranberries) and some Stove Top stuffing (I used the cornbread variety) on top of the casserole, and some mozzarella cheese on top of that...

so here is what I use...

2 chicken breasts (leftover from bourbon chicken the other night) diced
1 large can of cream of chicken soup
approx. 6 oz of sour cream
seasonings
1 bag of frozen peas
mix all of this together and place in a casserole pan, sprinkle with almonds and cranberries...

then mix 2 cups of hot water with 2 boxes of Stove Top stuffing cornbread mix and layer on top of chicken mixture...
gingerly lay some mozzarella cheese on top (about 1/2 bag already shredded)

bake 375 for about 25 to 30 minutes...

yum happy eating...

probably will be the last time I make this until after summer, when I can turn my oven on again...

No comments:

Post a Comment