Saturday, March 5, 2016

steak pie (so so good) with mashed potatoes and peas

I have had different versions of this recipe in my favorites for a very long time...just recently, however I became really serious about wanting to try it...I settled for this particular recipe cause it seemed easier than some of the others but also looked amazing at the same time...

this recipe was so amazing...outstanding...I have one very happy family tonight...

there are a couple of changes I would make next time (not big ones...)

I would cut the meat in smaller pieces (I used a london broil)...
I would work with the gravy a little bit...
and I would add the peas to the pie, instead of by themselves...

when I was a kid, a very poor kid, for a treat my mom would sometimes buy the Swanson pot pies and I loved the beef ones...since then I have wanted to make a similiar one...this has taken me 60 some years but I have found it, only like 100% better....

nothing else...

http://christinascucina.com/2014/01/steak-pie-with-peas-mashed-potatoes-and.html

this was definitely a lot of work but so well worth the effort...could only be a weekend meal for me...

yum happy eating...please try this

No comments:

Post a Comment