Saturday, March 19, 2016

Captain Crunch Chicken dinner

several years ago, Tim came across a post that Planet Hollywood served Captain Crunch Chicken and we found a recipe and tried it...it was ok, a little sweet for my taste...

he mentioned it again, recently and I decided to give it another go and searched for a different recipe...the first one, had just dipping the chicken in cereal and baking it...I was not too crazy for this version...

so I found this one, that you make a batter with the cereal and some tonic water and eggs...ok...sounded interesting and I like interesting...

http://www.averagebetty.com/recipes/capn-crunch-chicken-recipe/

and we loved it...it is so good...almost like a tempura batter and not as sweet as I had thought...Tim and hubby totally loved it and want it again...
the chicken was a little time consuming with cutting up the chicken, flour dipping it and then into the batter and then frying a couple of pieces at a time...

made my homemade pasta salad and the jiffy corn casserole to go with it...

a very good dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment