Wednesday, January 20, 2016

yummy...sausage hashbrown casserole and wild rice pancakes...

I have a migraine today...and usually when I have one of these, I work hard all day to get rid of it and by about 4 or so most of the pain is somewhat lessened...not today...
but I promised little boy dinner tonight and so since a promise is a promise I made dinner anyway...
little boy was very happy...

he loves this dinner...he said I am the best cooker and when he gets big he is going to buy a restaurant and I will be the cook...hahaha

so I have posted about this casserole previously...love, love love it...

I use 2 bags of frozen hash browns
24 ounces of sour cream
lots of cheese
2 tubs (?) of Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage
seasonings
8 lightly scrambled eggs

cook sausage and mix together and bake at 375 for about 25 minutes...

what I have found that works good for this recipe...thaw the hash browns a little and then I lightly fry them in a little oil...(the original recipe did not call for frying first, but we like the coloring)...

lay a layer of cheese on top...

try it, you will love it, I promise it

almost forgot...the pancakes...

I had never thought of adding wild rice to the batter but I saw on Pioneer Woman a recipe that looked to die for...so I made my usual pancakes, thinking I would make plain ones for the little kids and then I added 1 cup of cooked wild rice to the rest of the batter...they were sooooo yummy and what it really added was some nuttiness to the pancakes...once the little kids got here, they did not want the plain ones, so I made some more wild rice ones...Tim loved them also...

No comments:

Post a Comment