Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Tuesday night family dinner, huli huli chicken

well this dinner was roughly based off a recipe I found online and I did not have all the ingredients for the sauce...so here is my version and even tho I did not eat (heart failure again)...everyone else said it was fantastic...little boy said I should open a restaurant, and Samantha went vegan but still had some of the rice with sauce...

this is the recipe I started with:

http://bakeitafterall.blogspot.com/2011/01/huli-huli-chicken.html

and here is where I differed:

I wanted to bake the chicken, but I like my chicken with some color to it, so I seared it in a skillet with a little butter first...and made the sauce while it was cooking...

sauce:

Ingredients:
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
2/3 cup pineapple tidbits/chunks
4 tablespoons brown sugar
4 tablespoons ketchup
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce


then I placed chicken in baking dish, and poured the sauce over it and baked it at 350 for about 20 minutes or so...it came out fork tender and everyone loved it...
the name (from what I gather) huli huli means to turn turn, so every 5 minutes or so, I turned the chicken over in the oven..

I paired this with broccolli (sp ?) and brown rice and biscuits...

will definitely make this again...

I also thought this might be good as diced chicken cooked in skillet with the sauce poured over it...

No comments:

Post a Comment