Saturday, January 23, 2016

Friday night dinner, easy meatball soup

this was a long hard week...I was tired...I wanted super easy and this fits the bill...

cannot remember how I came up with this soup, but everyone loves it and it is so easy to make...the recipe is so interchangeable too...many ways you could do things differently...

here is what I do:

when I made up this recipe I wanted a rich nice broth and remembered that I like the broth fro the McCormick's beef stew seasoning mix and so I decided to use that...

2 packages of beef stew seasoning mix
6 cups of water
1 bag of frozen meatballs
1 bag of frozen peas (since I started this recipe with peas, this is what we prefer, feel free to use whatever you like...I have used corn before but like peas better)
1/2 bag of egg noodles or any other pasta you like...I have made with ditalini previously and we liked it...

add the meatballs to the water and seasonings...bring to a boil and add the noodles...I add the peas close to the end as they keep their color...I cook till the noodles are al-dente...

serve with biscuits or an artisan bread...

yummy

No comments:

Post a Comment