Sunday, January 31, 2016

Chicken and wild rice casserole

Have posted about this many times previously...my all time favorite...love this so much as does Tim...little boy is addicted to it...makes great leftovers too...we have this at least once a month..

It is the chicken and wild rice casserole on Southern Plate...here is how I do it:

For my family, I do 4x's  the recipe...

To diced and cooked chicken, I add 4 packets of Uncle Ben's long grain and wild rice (I use the brown rice with wild rice one) the brown rice gives it a little nuttiness...
2 large cans (22 oz) cream of chicken soup
16 oz of sour cream
frozen peas
almonds

mix together and layer with crushed Ritz crackers with some melted butter on top...

bake at 375 for about 1/2 hour...

totally yummy

No comments:

Post a Comment