Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Monday night family dinner homemade mac and cheese

I love mac and cheese any way....and am always looking out for new ways to make it...came across this one recipe that seems pretty popular...
slow cooker mac and cheese and when I made it we all loved it, except for the way the eggs make it seem curdled at the end...

so I thought about trying without the eggs and bake in the oven and see how that went...

it went fantastic...so yummy...so good...will be my go to mac and cheese from now on...

here is what I did...

for 2 cups of elbow macaroni (tho I added 4 cups cause I knew I wanted to send some home with the little kids...)
I added:
3 cans of evaporated milk
3 cans of cheddar cheese soup
cheese (as cheesy as you like it)
seasonings
24 ounces of sour cream
1 1/2 sticks of melted butter

mix altogether and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes...

I paired with artisan bread, green beans and little smokies with bbq sauce...sent enough home with littles for their dinner and even the other grandma said it was yummy...


No comments:

Post a Comment