Thursday, January 28, 2016

smoked pork chops with apples, onions and cranberries

this is not really my kind of dinner...but everyone else loves it...

I have not really ever bought smoked pork chops before but they were marked down ridiculously at the market and I thought why not?  so I googled several recipes on how to cook them and then I decided to try my own...

I first, lightly browned them on both sides with some seasonings and then put them into a baking dish with some chopped onions and cut up apples and then poured some cranberry juice over the top and baked for about 25 minutes...

to go with them, I roasted some potatoes and made some buttered carrots...
then for a treat for hubby (he and daughter are only ones that eat this) I decided to satuee some cabbage...
for this, I but some diced onions in some butter and let them cook till were translucent, and then added one bag of cole slaw mix with carrots and let them sweat down...I added some garlic salt, onion powder, pepper and celery salt...

Samantha is vegan, and she loved the potatoes, carrots and cabbage (she said it was the best I have ever done...)

everyone loved dinner...

No comments:

Post a Comment