Friday, January 25, 2013

herb roasted chicken, barley pilaf family dinner

I have got to get my camera charged...do you know how many pictures I have missed due to this?

ok...for dinner tonight, I went off of menus and decided to make herb roasted chicken, (it has been raining for 2 days and I wanted a nice cozy home comfort dinner) and I had just found this recipe for
barley pilaf, which sounded absolutely terrific and I made carrots too...

I also got my energy and made chicken waldorf salad from leftover chicken for the weekend...

the barley pilaf is from here: 
http://www.delish.com/recipefinder/barley-pilaf-caramelized-onions-4431?click=recipe_sr
I did change it a little, by putting cranberries instead of apricots

and the pilaf is delicious, will have to see what the rest of the family thinks

No comments:

Post a Comment