Saturday, January 26, 2013

salisbury stk, gravy & mashed potatoes, family dinner

now, I have made salisbury steak for many years and my family has always been happy with it...but, I just wondered today how I could change it a little bit...I liked mine but I wanted it to be a little moister (or something...)

so today I researched salisbury steak and came up with several different variations while still staying with my recipe sort of...

here is what I did...

2 pounds of hamburger
1 cup of uncooked Stove Top Stuffing mix (this was my original idea)
2 eggs
1 pkg. of beef gravy (the packet kind)

I made into 6 oval patties and browned on both sides...then I put them into an oven pan and covered them with  2 jars of beef gravy mixed with 1 cup of sour cream...this is also new to me, I then put into the oven covered at 350 for 40 minutes...

DELICIOUS
and this will be my to go recipe from now on...

I am getting so good at making mashed potatoes and they sure did deliver tonight with some of the gravy on top...

yummy

No comments:

Post a Comment