Monday, January 28, 2013

crispy chicken with pea pods, carrots & pineapple

when I was first married and then had several babies, I was trying to find my groove in cooking and I devoured recipes and cookbooks as much as I could...on the back of a Bisquick box, they had an address where you could sign up for a Bisquick newsletter and I did it...it was great...once a month, you would get a newsletter in the mail and also recipe cards...

this is where I originally found this recipe...I tried it, loved it, hubby loved it and the kids as they got older they also loved it...my youngest son loved it so much he requested this dish every year for his BD...

over the years, I have changed it to our needs (or wants) and now I am not sure what the original recipe was for...tho I think it had onions and peppers...I add carrots, snow peas and pineapple to mine...that is what my family likes...
I looked on the Bisquick web site and they no longer have this recipe...(does that mean it is mine?) LOL...

it is a different in the fact that it does not have a sauce to it, and might seem dry to some people but for some reason, it just works...if you get a piece of everything on your fork, man there is nothing as good as a piece of the chicken, a carrot, a snow pea and a pineapple all together...
this is a labor intensive dinner, I have to warn you...tho I did get help tonight, Tim came home from work and did the chicken for me...

here goes...

for my family I had 6 chicken breasts, that I cut up into bite sized pieces, then coat them in a mixture of Bisquick and garlic salt and pepper...then into an egg mixure and back into the Bisquick...I fry a few pieces at a time till all are browned...as I finish, I put the previous ones in the oven to keep warm...
when all are browned, I discard the oil (I have a thing about "old"  oil) and add just a tiny bit more to the cleaned pan and stir fry the carrots and pea pods...add the pineapple just at the end to warm up...

try it, I promise you will love it as much as we do...


No comments:

Post a Comment