Wednesday, January 5, 2011

a promise is, well, a promise


when I promise something, I really try my best to follow through with that...it sure was tempting, however today to not do what I had said I would...

for the Christmas party at the preschool that I am on the board of they have a gift exchange...they put all of the presents in the middle of the room, and then you draw a number and pick a present according to your number...for my gift this time, I really wanted to give something that reflected me, no matter who it was going to...

my idea??? Rite Aid had the cutest gingerbread tin and I typed up a letter that told the person that picked the present they were going to receive a "cookie of the month club" for six months, they will receive 1 dozen cookies on a certain day of each month...that date is tomorrow...the person that got my gift I really really like and I want her to be happy...now, that being said, remember pretty, pretty princess has the bad kind of flu today and I am so worried that I will also get it??? it would have been so easy to tell the person that got my gift, "not today, I had problems at home..." and her being who she is would have totally understood...but, I am doing what I promised, no matter how bad my day has gone...

so;


oatmeal butterscotch cookies


2 sticks butter

1/2 cup white sugar

1 cup brown sugar

cream these ingredients together and add 2 eggs and also add 1 tsp vanilla

then add 1 1/2 cups flour

1 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

and 3 cups oatmeal


I then added 1 pkg of butterscotch chips

bake 350 for approx 10 min...


OMGosh these are my new all time favorites...think how good they would be with cranberries and they maybe drizzled with white chocolate...YUMMY...


I hope the person that picked my gift likes them as much as we do...I know you will, Carol...


No comments:

Post a Comment