Friday, January 28, 2011

chicken and wild rice soup...

OMGoodness...I fell in love with this soup at Coco's they have it every Thursday...and those are the days that we go there if eating out...so good...

for myself, when trying to figure out their recipe, I wanted mine a little thicker than their's...I also used to be afraid of soups and when wanting to make one, would have to search the internet for a recipe and try that one...I am proud to say "I am no longer afraid of making my own soups from scratch...here is my version...................

I am also bragging here....it is only 2:30 here in sunny Calif. and dinner is done...



chicken and wild rice soup....yummy...

6tbs butter
6 tbs flour
1 box chicken stock
3 cups of milk
carrots
wild rice
1 1/2 cups of white rice



make a rue with butter and flour slowly add chicken stock and milk stir until thickened...add cooked wild rice and the uncooked white (minute kind) rice...add seasonings to taste and carrots...keep stirring till it starts to boil and then turn off and cover for 10 minutes...

made homemade rolls

and blondies dessert

1/2 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
nuts

melt butter and add sugar let cool down a little before adding the eggs...mix in remaining ingredients...bake at 350 for approx 30 minutes

cannot wait for dinner tonight..................................................





No comments:

Post a Comment