Tuesday, January 11, 2011

porcupines


yes, porcupines...LOL...


these were a staple, growing up in my huge family of 12 kids...we ate these a lot...when my own kids were little I had them and their friends convinced that they were really eating porcupine meat...silly little kids, like I, their mom would have eaten meat from a porcupine???

when I was a kid, I would volunteer to make the many meatballs it would take to feed 14 people, cause I would sneak them from the pan while they were cooking and eat them...my mom could never figure out why there weren't more of them...LOL...

now, this is one of Tim's favorites, not so much Greg's...but, hey Greg still has the flu so he probably won't be eating anyway...

porcupines...

mix hamburger, garlic salt, pepper, and uncooked rice (this is to your taste...) make into balls and fry...once browned, add one can of tomato soup and 1/2 can of water for sauce...we add a small amt of cheese on top...Yummy...

I served with parmesan noodles and green beans...

my kind of dinner...

No comments:

Post a Comment