Saturday, October 3, 2015

sausage, hashbrown and cheese casserole

I have made this recipe many times since I first found it on another recipe blog...and everyone in my family loves it...
I have said before that when I first try a new recipe, I make it exactly as the recipe says, and then from that experience, I change it, if need be to my own specifications...

so it was with this one too...

here is how I do it...

2 bags of frozen hash browns, the shredded ones and I brown them in a little oil...(it helps take some of the frozen-ness off...
I add to the potatoes:
  2 pkgs of Jimmy Dean sausage, cooked
  16 oz of sour cream
  shredded cheese
  seasonings
  8 lightly scrambled eggs

I add more cheese to the top and bake at 375 for about 25 minutes...

it is great for leftovers and little boy will love this in his thermos Monday for school lunch...

happy eating

No comments:

Post a Comment