Sunday, October 4, 2015

pumpkin french toast

so I made this last night:

http://www.thestayathomechef.com/2014/09/slow-cooker-overnight-pumpkin-french.html

and since I always follow a new recipe exactly as printed, I did so last night...was looking forward to getting up to breakfast done first thing in the morning...the recipe calls for 8 hours on low in the crock pot...I made it, put it in the slow cooker and went to bed...got up about 5 hours into cooking and it was badly burned and my house smells...I was very disappointed...and I realize that different slow cookers heat differently...but 3 hours???

I am not a big breakfast person, never have been...but the family is and I had wanted to surprise them this morning...

so even though everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) is going wrong today (already at 9 am) I still wanted to treat them so...

I made sausage and then decided to make a version of the overnight french toast...

I whisked 6 eggs, 2 cups of half and half, and 2 cups of pumpkin (from a can) cinnamon, and a little brown sugar together...
I just happened to have a loaf of cinnamon swirl bread and so I used that for the french toast...

everyone said it was delicious...

and now back to my extremely overwhelming life...

yum happy eating

No comments:

Post a Comment