Tuesday, October 6, 2015

homemade chicken pot pie, our family favorite...

been making this dish for many many years, since the kids were little at least...that makes it at least 30 + years...cause everyone in this family absolutely loves it...even my hating caserole hubby loves it...and everyone outside the family that I have ever made it for also loves it and says it is the best chicken pie they have ever had...

and this is always one of the very first dishes I will turn my oven for, once the cooler temps come...it was 71 today, but I see where we will back in the 90's for the weekend...yuck...

so I made this as a surprise for everyone and it made everyone's day...even hubby who is in the hospital right now asked me to bring some to him as he hates hospital food...

as a RAOK at least once a week, I will make a little more of what I am making for dinner and offer it to the first of my friends that pm's me...thsi week I have already given away 4 packages of maple bacon that hubby bought and we do not like...so tonight I put a post out for a free pie and my friend that has to be at the hospital tomorrow all morning with her sick mom, is very glad to have dinner done for her for dinner tomorrow night...that made my heart happy...

this original recipe for this I have rewritten many times for my family interests and here we go:

I take 4 boneless, skinless breats and boil them, if I hve time, I like to roast them (more flavor) ans qhwn cooled enough, i cut into small bite side pieces nd mix with 2 bags od frozen peas and carrots.

for my sauce make  a roux with 8 tbsp butter, till melted, add 12 tablespoons flouur (I used /Wondra flour and cook till flour taste is cooked down, add 3 cans of evaporated milk and three cups of chicken broth, with plenty of seasonings...//Iuse Pillsbury all ready pie crust, line the pan and the start lining the chicken, veggies and sauce...I cover with a crust, crimp the corners , cut lines to steam...bake at 375 for approx 30-45 minutes///

happy eating

No comments:

Post a Comment