Sunday, August 14, 2016

slow cooker pot roast, mashed potatoes and egg salad

lately I have posted a lot about roasts...but I have a reason...ha...
I love to check the day old meats at Ralphs, and when I come upon a good piece of roast, I just cannot pass it up...(I mean who could, really?)  and with the slow cooker they are so darn easy...and taste so good in many ways...who doesn't love a good roast beef sandwich?  (my favorite)  but, I also love a really good tender roast beef with homemade mashed potatoes and gravy...I have to say that I think this is one of my absolute favorite dinners...and growing up, I never had roast beef (who could afford a roast with 12 kids?) until I had moved out on my own...now, we have roast a couple of times a month if not more...LOL

my way is simply to coat the beef in a little flour, and sear on all sides, then I put into the slow cooker with 1-2 packets of Lipton onion soup mix and enough water to cover the beef and I cook on high most of the day...yummy

and my mashed potatoes, oh my....I love mashed potatoes...and to think growing up mashed potatoes meant the box variety...little boy also loves my mashed potatoes...

I always use red potatoes and cook them till fork tender, then add them to the kitchen aid along with a brick of cream cheese, a couple of spoons of sour cream and a couple of tablespoons of butter...also add garlic salt and a lot of black pepper...

yummy dinner tonight and thankfully there are enough leftovers for a sandwich later on...


first thing this morning I boiled almost 3 dozen eggs, knowing that we would need something good in this heat for sandwiches...
and I made the best egg salad for the whole week...
not much to mine, I grate very finely and add just enough mayo to moisten with a teeny amount of garlic salt and lots of pepper...

Tim has lunch for the week

No comments:

Post a Comment