Wednesday, August 17, 2016

slow cooker orange chicken and homemade chow mein

for dinner tonight, I wanted something different and orange chicken has been on my "I want to cook sometime" list for awhile...I just recently have started ordering orange chicken when we go out and I do like it...
now, hubby and Tim really like it and I wanted to surprise them with dinner tonight...

this is the recipe I used for the chicken:

http://www.averiecooks.com/2016/02/slow-cooker-orange-chicken.html

and since I have never even tried chow mein, but both guys love it, I decided to look for recipe and try it...

this is the one I used for the chow mein:

http://damndelicious.net/2014/07/02/panda-express-chow-mein-copycat/

everyone really liked both recipes...I invited Sam and Zoie over for dinner too, since they both like things like this and they were happy and props, Sam helped me cook too...

the one thing I would change for the chicken was I think it had too much cornstarch, so I would cut down on that...
and the thing about the noodles was, I would want them to be a little thicker...I had a hard time finding yaki-soba noodles, and I would not put brown sugar in it at all...

other than that, it was yummy and will be put on our regular rotation of meals...

No comments:

Post a Comment