Monday, February 8, 2016

my sausage, wild rice and corn chowder

I previously posted about this in August but am sure I have made it since then...everyone in the family loves it...

we love corn chowder but my old recipe seems boring compared to this one...I had seen a chowder that had Italian sausage in it and it gave me inspiration to make this one...we also all love wild rice...

here is what I do:

brown ground Italian sausage (tonight I used 2 pkgs)
while that is browning, I make 2 pkgs of Uncle Ben's long grain and wild rice in the microwave (how easy is this?) for 90 seconds...

I made a roux with 8 tablespoons of butter, 8 tablespoons of flour (I love Wondra flour for roux's) and add about 36 ounces of chicken broth and 2 cans of evaporated milk...to thin out a little and I do not especially like the taste, I add about a cup or so of milk...then once I got it thickening, I add seasonings (I added garlic salt, pepper and onion powder...)

then, I add ingredients...bag of frozen corn, (tonight) some shredded carrots, the sausage, and the Uncle Bens...I also added some extra wild rice that I had made up...

the vegan person in my household helped themselves before I added the sausage...

yummy

No comments:

Post a Comment