Sunday, February 14, 2016

hashbrown casserole with bacon (Valentine breakfast)

I absolutely love breakfast casseroles...whenever I see a posting about them, I have to look and see how they are done...

with this one, I have made many times previously...found on a blog that no longer posts...

the usual recipe calls for
2 bags of frozen hash browns (thawed and then gently fried to a golden brown)
sausage
cheese
seasonings
16 oz of sour cream
6 lightly scrambled eggs

mix together and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes...

today, I wanted to see how bacon would taste in this recipe instead of sausage and there were only 3 people to eat so this is what I did...

1 bag of frozen hash browns (again thawed and fried)
1 pound of bacon, cooked and diced
1 bag of shredded cheese (1/2 mixed in and the rest for the top)
garlic salt and pepper
6 lightly scrambled eggs
about 12 ounces of sour cream (I mix in just enough to moisten the potato mixture)

spread into a rectangular pan, topped with cheese and baked at 350 for about 25 minutes...

this was good and I will make it again but I still love the sausage one better, I think cause that is what we were used to...

Tim and hubby loved it...I want to try this with chopped ham next time

No comments:

Post a Comment