Friday, September 25, 2015

Wednesday family dinner, loaded baked potato soup

continuing my hot weather dinners...Fall, please hurry up with your cooler weather...

I baked 3 large russet potatoes in the toaster oven (I did mine the night before)

made a roux with 8 tablespoons of butter, 8 tablespoons of flour (I love the shaker can of Wondra flour for this), and one large container of chicken stock...after it thickened I added 3 cups of milk...

I scooped out the baked potatoes and sort of mashed them with some (about 1 1/2 cups prepared mashed potatoes...) and then added to the roux mixture with garlic salt, pepper and onion powder...you have to kind of keep mashing the potato mixture as you add it...

added some bacon and some diced ham with a good amount of shredded cheese...

I sometimes will add carrots or corn or something, but wanted this one to be a simple chowder...

it was very good served with an artisan bread and was fantastic as leftovers in lunches

yum happy eating

kraftrecipes.com  has a good recipe too

No comments:

Post a Comment