Friday, September 18, 2015

beef stew

today is a Friday and usually that is our night to go out to dinner...you know, the end of a stressful week, etc.  but I had slow cooked stew beef all day yesterday and really wanted to use it...

so I came home from school at 12:30 and dinner was so easy to make with the meat already cooked for me...

I decided to try a new seasoning pouch from Campbells for beef stew...

was very easy to do, but the sauce seemed very thick to me and I added water to it also...I added 4 cups of water to accomodate the meat and the veggies I was adding...to be honest the instructions do say that the pouch was intended for a slow cooker and maybe if cooked all day, it would not have been as thick as it was...

so the seasoning packet and 4 cups of water, I added the already cooked stew beef, and cut up; potatoes, carrots, celery, onion and then I also added orn and peas...

it was very good with an artisan bread...

happy eating

No comments:

Post a Comment