Thursday, September 17, 2015

Chicken Lazone (my version)

I absolutely love this recipe...I crave it when not on my weekly rotations...I have now made it for 3 times and wonder what I did without it...
I had it saved on my favorites for like forever and one night just decided to make it and now could kick myself that I have not been making it all along...

the first 2 times, I followed the recipe I had exactly...and we loved it...
but tonight I decided to change it up just a tad...what I was really trying to accomplish was that I do not feel 100% and did not want to stand at the stove till big fat chicken breasts were browned and it dawned on me that if I added diced chicken it would cook a lot faster and I was so lucky tonight as I had the best sous chef ever who wanted to help...Tim is a great help when he knows I do not feel good...

here is my version:

for my family and tonight I fed 6 people and had leftovers for 2 lunches too...

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (& this is where I differed) I cut into bite size pieces, and browned them in some butter...added seasonings (garlic salt, pepper, and onion powder)

once browned and it only took 5-6 minutes,

I added a good portion of 1/2 gallon of half and half (I made more than enough sauce as that is what my family likes)

brought to a slow boil, added a cornstarch mixture to thicken (the last 2 times we felt it was too runny for our tastes...)

then added some peas and put over some spaghetti noodles...

the best ever, I will be making it this way from now on...eveyone loved it and there is plenty left for 2 lucky recipients for lunch tomorrow...

yum yum yum happy eating...

No comments:

Post a Comment