Monday, January 9, 2017

Tuna noodle casserole

I am still sick (dr tomorrow) and cat is still away and I am desperately seeking comfort food...remembered way back when my mom used to make tuna casserole all the time (it was cheap for 12 kids...) and this most certainly was not on my monthly rotations...ha...but I craved it still the same...
my mom was not real creative but how could you be, being the mom to 12 kids and being very poor...her casserole consisted of shell roni, tuna and cream of chicken soup...come on, you know me I had to be a lot more creative than that...

cat is still in the hospital and hates tuna so I have to cook like this now, when he is not here...

so I researched different blogs all morning on what would make the perfect tuna casserole and I know that the pasta plays a big part in this...but, I wanted a noodle...

so here is what I did...

1 pkg of cooked noodles, I added tuna (I don't like big chunks), 1 small can of cream of chicken soup, 1/2 container sour cream, frozen peas, cheddar cheese and my seasonings...put into a baking pan and crushed up some ritz crackers on top and poured some melted butter on top of that...baked at 400 for about 20 minutes and I must say I am very happy with the results...

will definitely make this again, it was the comfort food I so badly need right now

forgot to add, when it seemed to need a little moisture, while mixing, I added a little half and half...

No comments:

Post a Comment