Friday, January 6, 2017

Epiphany Day cheese fondue

wanted to try something new this year to continue the spirit of Christmas a little longer and I read up on Epiphany...I knew about it, going to religious schools all of my life but wanted a more grown up version...to make a long story short we decided to celebrate Kings day by exchanging books with each other and we each came up with some really good subjects for books...everyone was happy...I will do this every year from now on...
and I wanted something easy for dinner not like the dinners I had made for Christmas Eve, Christmas night, Christmas morning and all of the New Year's meals too...

everyone oves my cheese fondue, especially Tim and Zoie so that is what I decided to make...

have posted about this before but I started doing it a little different and wanted to post before I forget what I actually did...

melted 1 cube of butter in dutch oven and made a roux with8 tablespoons Wondra flour (the soft stuff made for gravies, etc.) and this is were it is new I added about 2 cups of chicken broth and then 2-3 cups of milk...I let thicken and then seasonings and about 16 ounces of shredded cheese...a good sharp cheddar is good...let that thicken...

parired with;
little beef smokies
cut up veggies
french bread
and the have to have is wheat thin crackers...

so so yummy

our new tradition

No comments:

Post a Comment