Monday, January 2, 2017

my own cheddar and sour cream potatoes

a friend gave this recipe a long time ago, when my kids were little and everyone I have ever come across loves this...I know there are a lot of versions of this recipe floating around and everyone seems to have their own version...but this is the one that our family and friends really love...

this is what I do...

I take 10 cans of whole potatoes (and this is very important...I have used the frozen ones and then I have used real grated potatoes and the canned ones just seem to be the ticket...)  I then hand grate (and this is important too...) the potatoes...add seasonings (garlic salt, onion powder and lots of pepper)...
I add lots of cheese (this can be to your taste...we like a lot)
and then just enough sour cream to moisten the potatoes and cheese...(in the case of 10 cans of potatoes, it is usually about 1 1/2 cartons...)
put into a big baking pan and add more cheese to the top...

yum yum so delicious...you must try this...it is time consuming and little pricey when you facotr in that each can of potatoes costs about 1.00 each...so worth the effort...

No comments:

Post a Comment