Monday, January 2, 2017

one pot turkey skillet meal...very good

http://www.yummyhealthyeasy.com/2015/03/one-pot-turkey-skillet-recipe.html

I followed the recipe for everything (I always try to follow a new recipe exactly when I first do it...)

but for some reason I did not read the recipe before I tried it...and I already had part of a roasted turkey breast and had planned on using that but once I got ready to cook I saw the recipe called for ground turkey...I had to re-do the recipe...

so here is what I did...

I cut the turkey breast up into very tiny pieces and warmed them up in the skillet with some butter and seasonings (garlic salt, pepper and onion powder...)
to that I added 1 cup of chicken broth and 1 can of cream of chicken soup...I also added 1/2 package of frozen peas, 3 cups of cooked brown rice and for a little more creaminess I added 1 tablespoon of sour cream and 1 cup of shredded cheese...
I dished the mixture into individual bowls with some more cheese on top with some crushed fritos on top...(if I didn't have fritos, Tim said I should add some slivered almonds...)

the brown rice adds nuttiness to this dish

Timothy and Zoie loved this and definitely want this again...

yummy

No comments:

Post a Comment