Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sunday night dinner: mock lasagna

I am bad...this month I printed a monthly calendar and put what I was going to make for dinner for each
day...all organized really nice, no 2 beefs together, no soups together, etc....
but then the last couple of days, I made whatever I felt like making, not following the calendar...
so tonight I took from next week and decided to make this recipe that I have been making for a very long time and everyone in the family loves it...I make a huge pan of it as the leftovers are great too...

mock lasagna
sauce;
2 (1lb-12oz) cans of stewed tomatoes
2 (16 oz) cans of tomato sauce
4 cups of water
1 lb ground hamburger
1 1b ground sweet italian sausage
add your seasonings to taste

add first 3 ingredients to a pan, bring to a boil, and simmer for 15 min...add browned hamburger and
sausage...
layer 1/2 of the sauce to bottom of 13x9 pan...
then add 1 pkg of egg noodles (uncooked) evenly over sauce...
top with rest of sauce...
add mozzarella cheese to top...
put foil on pan...

bake 375 degrees for about 40 minutes...

also made this:

http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/breads/honey-oatmeal-bread-2/

think everyone was happy with this Sunday night dinner


No comments:

Post a Comment