Saturday, June 17, 2017

one of the last cool days, chicken and wild rice casserole

as I have previously posted in the heat of summer, I do not turn my oven on (especially when it gets in the triple digits here) but this is my absolute favorite dinner of all times...absolutely love it and when I make it, I always make extra to give a pan to someone else...this time I picked Cj's kinder teacher...she loves this too...

so for our size family and one to give away, here is what I do

4 roasted chicken breasts, diced into bite sized pieces
4 envelopes of Uncle Ben long grain and wild rice (the 90 second microwave one is fine)
2 large cans of cream of chicken soup
16 oz of sour cream
slivered almonds
1 bag of frozen peas

Tim has to mix this up for me, it is too much in the bowl...
mix all together and put (I use foil lasagna pan) into pan and enough in a square size cake pan too, if you want to be nice and give to someone else...

once in the pan, I crush up a sleeve of Ritz crackers and sprinkle on top and drizle a little melted butter on top...

bake 350 for about 30-45 minutes...

I am already missing this for the summer...this is little boy's favorite dinner too

No comments:

Post a Comment