Saturday, June 17, 2017

homemade pea soup in slow cooker

decided on spur of the moment to make this for lunches all week and for Samantha too who has decided to eat vegetarian from now on...

into a slow cooker with a liner, I added 2 bags of dried green pea...covered with 8 cups of water (usually I would add chicken stock, but with Sam eating vegetarian I was trying to help her out)...
I also added a few carrots and some onion...
I let cook about 3 1/2 hours until peas were soft and then I added seasonings (garlic salt, onion powder and celery salt and pepper) and I put into blender with some half and half (to each time of blending, I added maybe not quite a cup of half and half...)

to ours, I then added some cut up cooked potato and carrots...

Tim and Zoie loved it...

No comments:

Post a Comment