Saturday, June 3, 2017

getting ready for the upcoming week, weekly menus posted too

well it is only Saturday and I usually do all of "this" on Sunday, but decided to get a good start on the week...we still have one full week and 3 1/2 days left of school and as much as I hate to see the school year come to an end, I am so ready for summer (not the heat, tho)...I just love the lazier days and not having to be somewhere with 2 kids first thing in the morning...
I always make myself goals for the summer and a couple of mine are...
...help out with kids (esp the free movies)
...finally get my house organized and pictures on the walls
...pack up all hubby's things
...sew
...make a ton of freezer meals

trying to not make my goals too hefty or I won't get them done...

so what did I do to get ready for the week?
...boiled eggs for egg salad (it was so good the other week that I have missed it)
...roast in slow cooker
...big pot of hamburger soup on stove
...huli huli chicken marinating (plan on grilling tomorrow and have leftovers for chicken salad too)
...hash brown casserole assembled for slow cooker for breakfast tomorrow
...maple blondies made up, ready for evening when I can turn on my oven
...cut up veggies
...made some rice and put in ziploc bags

tomorrow, I would like to...
...make spaghetti
...roast 2 chickens
...make jello
...make muffins for mornings
...slow cooker pea soup for lunches

weekly menus

saturday..........hamburger soup
sunday............roast beef, mashed potatoes, gravy, maple carrots,
monday..........huli huli chicken, fried rice, pea pods
tuesday.......... tuna melts, pea soup (if I get it done), raw veggie
wednesday.....supposed to be cooler, chicken and wild rice casserole
thursday.........still cooler, oven baked pork ribs, baked beans, garlic bread
friday.............ground beef stroganoff, buttered noodles, green beans

sounds good to me...hope I am as ambitious as I sound right now...





No comments:

Post a Comment