Monday, May 22, 2017

yum yum chicken and rice teriyaki bowls

these were so so so good...Tim now wants them at least once a week and I think they will make a terrific summer dish too...

I bought the frozen 3 rice medley from Trader Joes (love this stuff and could eat it daily) and then I put out for everyone to make their own bowls...

what I put out...

the rice of course
chunk pineapple
cranberries
almonds
shredded carrots
sugar snap peas
broccoli florets
teriyaki sauce
and chunks of chicken

almost forgot Zoie diced up some Spam and lightly fried it for her bowl...

and it was fun to see what everyone put in their own bowls...and of course everyone loved dinner so much...
to add...I also cheated...I was at the Plaza, getting lunch for Tim and I and I went to Dickies BBQ and noticed that they sold chicken breast, grilled by the pound...and so I bought a pound...it was very tasty, moist and so easy for me...I will definitely remember this for when it is very hot again...although I did buy a new BBQ (just not put together yet)...

so yummy you must try this...
sort of stole the recipe from Island's beach bowls and then expanded on it...this will be a staple for the summer coming up...

No comments:

Post a Comment