Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Sundays...tator tot breakfast, ham dinner, maple blondies

Sunday is the one day I usually stay home and try to catch up with cooking and the blog etc. and I hardly ever have kids...so a couple of months ago, before the cat died anyway, I had wanted to start where I would cook a great family dinner early, work on the week's lunches, make a great breakfast (or go out, LOL) and bake something and I am so happy to post that I achieved my goal this week...

to start with I made this for breakfast...
http://www.cookingpanda.com/content/get-recipe-tater-tot-sausage-breakfast-casserole

I chose this particular one as I had read many other recipes and this one had less eggs...one recipe called for 12 eggs...now even this one had 8 and Tim commented that maybe I should add less than that...but otherwise it was very good...I added turkey sausage (most grocery stores sell the packages of already cooked, crumbled sausage, makes it so easy)...this made a big pan and so the next day, I sent the leftovers home with the little kids and they had it for dinner...they said it was so good...

this is what I made for the baking part of my goal for Sunday...
http://stephiecooks.com/2013/10/21/maple-walnut-blondies/
'
now this could be my fault...I did not follow the recipe exactly...I did not pulse the oatmeal like it said to do...I had really great hopes for this recipe...I love maple and I love a good blondie...but these came out hard and not moist like I really wanted them to...I will try it again and pulse the oatmeal...

then for dinner I put a spiral sliced ham in the slow cooker and Tim made mashed potatoes and green beans...I love the way Tim makes mashed potatoes...he adds cream cheese to the potatoes, garlic salt, pepper, butter and a little sour cream...he very lightly had mashes the potatoes, leaving some chunks...

I was happy with myself today getting everything done that I wanted to...the cat would have been proud...

No comments:

Post a Comment