Monday, May 22, 2017

taco salad for a very hot Sunday

this is a great staple for our summer dinners and the cat loved it too...he used to order it a lot at Mexican restaurants (either that or fajitas...)
I am sure that I do mine so different than a lot of people...
and what is funny that I do mine a certain way (with no lettuce, I know, I know...) and Tim just makes nachos with his, that I forgot other people were eating with us yesterday and I did not buy lettuce (cause Tim or I do not use it) and Sam said what kind of salad is this without lettuce?  hahaha...she had to make nachos too...
Zoie and I made ours the usual way...
here is what I do...

brown hamburger (how much depends on your family) I do about 2-21/2 pounds...and I season it with garlic salt, pepper and onion powder...sometimes I add taco seasonings...

then I layer hamburger, cheese, tomatoes, black olives, green onions and crushed up tortilla chips and mix it all together with a little ranch dressing...sometimes I use tortilla chips then with this as the dip...

so yummy and filling...love it...

cat liked it with lettuce and salsa and sour cream with avocado

No comments:

Post a Comment