Wednesday, May 17, 2017

spam pie

I have written about this previously...it is one of our favorite recipes...although the cat hated it...

I was raised on spam, it was a cheap alternative for meat...and as kids we all loved it...I introduced it to my kids tho the cat would have no part of it...
when my kids were younger, Hormel had published a recipe for Spam Pie in a magazine...but now I cannot find it on their website...it is a simple recipe and easy to remember...

depending on how big you want to make this...here is what I do...

2 rolls of refrigerated crescent biscuits
2 cans of Spam
1 brick of cheddar cheese
1 brick of monterey cheese
6 eggs beaten...

into a 9 x 13 deep dish pan, I roll out and press into the pan to make a bottom crust but on the sides too, sealing the perforations...
I dice the Spam and cheeses into nice little pieces and mix them in with the beaten eggs and then pour into the pan...
it bakes at 375 for about 30-40 minutes or until the middle is set...

with extra biscuit dough you can make a lattice crust on top...

the family loves this and so does my old neighbor, who like me was raised on Spam so whenever I make this, I make an extra one and call him...
he was so happy this night...

No comments:

Post a Comment