Wednesday, May 17, 2017

getting ready for the week ahead...

on Sundays, I like to prepare for the week ahead and help myself out...

I like to:

brown some hamburger and put it in freezer for the week ahead
brown some italian sausage, and put in freezer
bake some good cookies, cake or brownies and set aside
boil eggs...they are good for either just eating or I like to make a huge bowl of egg salad
I will buy a beef roast in the day old section and then cook it in slow cooker with onion soup mix and
     put in bad for sandwiches for the week...(this week I found a $25 roast for $10)
cut up vegetables for snacking (so nice to have healthy alternatives handy)
if I am really energetic, I will make up whole meals for slow cooker, put in freezer bags, label them
     freeze them...great for days when I am so tired...
roast chicken breasts in the oven...great for chicken salad, rice bowls, or casseroles
make a big pot of rice, either white or brown
make a big pot of any kind of soup
make jello
I always have extra oatmeal crumble in the freezer ready for a fruit crisp

even tho Tim is old enough (LOL) to make his own lunches, he usually does not do it, thinks he will go out and then doesn't and comes home grouchy...I like making lunches, for him and Cj and so I every night when making dinner will just make 2 lunches at the same time...it makes me feel good too...

this is a little work on one day but helps out so so so much during the week...it is so nice to come home from work and have a choice of egg salad or chicken salad or rice or a roast beef sandwich waiting for you

No comments:

Post a Comment