Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Monday night dinner...homemade pea soup in slow cooker

previously posted one time before...

the four people that were going to eat dinner tonight all love pea soup...the cat hated it...so I hardly ever got to make it...
turns out it is really easy to make...

here is what I did...

in the slow cooker (with a liner of course) I added 48 ounces of chicken stock to a pkg of split green peas, and one onion chopped... and cooked them on high for 5-6 hours...
once done, I blended the mixture till nice and creamy (we do not like chunks of peas) and added a little half and half...

once blended, I added one can of carrots, one can of potatoes (I like them as they are already cooked) diced, tons of seasonings and chopped ham...

paired with some homemade garlic and cheese biscuits...

yumm

No comments:

Post a Comment