Friday, October 28, 2016

round steak with onions, fried potatoes and green beans, reposted

I cannot believe I have not blogged about this before in the 5 years that I have been blogging...this used to be one of our favorites too...

Tim works on Saturdays and he did not take lunch today and was thrilled to come home to this recipe for dinner...he just came out and said that this was one of the best dinners we have had in a long time...

I found this recipe in an old magazine many many years ago when I was first trying to impress hubby with my cooking...(42 years?)  the original recipe called for this meat to be in pita bread with mayo, lettuce and tomatoes...but, I have always used it as a main dish...
tonight, I very thinly cut london broil into small strips and lightly sauteed in a small amount of oil, and added garlic salt, pepper, onion powder and some parsley...once the meat is browned on all sides, I add just enough hot water to cover the meat and cover with a lid and let boil till water is cooked down...(it makes it very tender)...

paired tonight with fried potatoes and green beans...

maybe one of these times, I will finally try it in pita bread...

No comments:

Post a Comment