Friday, October 28, 2016

homemade beef pot pie

am sure I have mentioned this before but, as a kid, I was one of 12 kids in a very poor family...for a treat my mom would buy us those frozen pot pies and we loved them...beef were my favorite...and to this day I am always trying to not only replicate those ones from my childhood but also make them better...

it is starting to cool down here, we have had some cooler temps and 2 days of what we call heavy rain...

I decided to make beef stew and it came out so perfectly, but then we decided to go to Olive Garden for their lasagna...
so, I had beef stew all ready (but I love it when it sits overnight and all of the flavors marry together anyway) and I thought that it would make a terrific pot pie...

so I went ahead and made a nice pie crust, lined a big casserole pan and filled it with the prepared beef stew, then put a top on it and baked it...

it came out so good...Sam and Zoie even came over to eat with us and declared it a winner...

No comments:

Post a Comment