Friday, October 28, 2016

corned beef, cabbage and mashed potatoes

we have had these corned beef in the freezer for like forever and I decided to make them for dinner...

put 2 corned beef in the crock pot (with a liner) and cooked them on high all day long...

Tim made his famous (LOL) mashed potatoes and I cooked cabbage...here is where I must say I do not care for cabbage...I can eat it uncooked but not once it is heated up, not sure if it is the smell or what...but hubby and Sam love it...Sam loves to mix her potatoes and cabbage together (hence why I made mashed potatoes instead of boiled tonight)...

so for the cabbage...sometime I will use the cole slaw mix of already shredded cabbage, but for dinner I had bought a whole head of cabbage and so I sliced it very thinly and added to the pan that I had fried some bacon in (just a little bit as I did not want it too greasy) with some sliced onion and tons of seasonings (garlic salt, onion powder, black pepper and some celery salt...) and I cooked until it cooked down and was tender...then I tossed in some bacon...Sam said it was the best I ever made..

and as usual once I make a big dinner, my heart failure acts up and I unfortunately did not eat but everyone else loved it and little boy got to have some of his beloved mashed potatoes...he did not care for corned beef, said it tasted like beef jerky...

No comments:

Post a Comment