Thursday, June 7, 2012

Back Street & (?) & egg salad

Monday morning we got up early and got our errands all done and wanted to go get something eat...
decided on Back Street...
for those of you reading that are not familiar with this place, it is a wonderful little sandwich shop that has been in Riverside forever...started out in a little house, now converted to the restaurant and they expanded to the house next door and that little house is open to eat inside of...it is pretty cool esp in the winter as they will have the fireplace going, lace curtains on the windows, cute little tables and chairs and even books in the bookcase...
they only serve sandwiches (& salads if you don't want the bread) and are only open for lunch...a little
pricey, but well worth the money...with your piled high sandwich, you get your choice of (all homemade) cole slaw, potato salad or baked beans...the potato salad is to die for (like I make potato salad...) there is also a small salad bar filled with fresh veggies, pickles, a pasta salad, a cucumber salad and cranberry sauce... they also offer a wide selection of homemade desserts, the cheesecake and coconut tart being the best in my opinion...I always get a turkey on sourdough and hubby gets pastrami...we have never ever had a bad meal there yet and the wait staff is very good at what they do...love this place and always recommend it to everyone...

so I was going to make dinner...planned on making a sausage and potato bake (new recipe) but Tim calls and said he would like to review a certain restaurant, were we game?  ummm really??? absolutely...
so we went to this place (cannot disclose till Friday's paper comes out) that was wonderful...now I had been there prev. many years ago (say maybe 20 years?) and now since we went again, do not know why I had not been back...you order your food, and then go sit down, we chose to sit outside and a waiter comes with your drinks...the food came in record time and was so delicious...
Zoe had from the kid's menu, grilled cheese and it came with tomato soup (her all time fav...) so she was happy...oh and her's also came with a bowl of fresh fruit...hubby and Tim got the same thing-pot roast served over egg noodles...now I love me some pot roast but tend not to get it while we are eating out...sometimes the meat is covered in gravy that disguises chunks of fat and that really turns me off...
but when their meal was delivered, it looked so delicious that without asking I snagged me a bit off of hubby's plate and it was to die for...I got the turkey, bacon club and it was very good (hand carved turkey not deli meat) but I then had wished I had gotten the pot roast...hubby did give me several more bites...for dessert we chose creme brulee and boston cream cake...both were yummy...
hubby and I definitely will go back there for lunch sometime...I thought of that pot roast for several day afterwards...

edit to add in restaurant we went to:
http://www.pe.com/iguide/dining/dining-headlines/20120607-dining-riverside-s-nordstroms-classic-cafe-offers-gourmet-treats.ece

Tuesday we had a very difficult day, family wise, and it was a long day too so we went to Subway for dinner...

Wednesday was so hot here, says it was in low 90's and too hot to cook so I made egg salad sandwiches...

No comments:

Post a Comment