Thursday, August 20, 2015

taco casserole, slow cooker style

I have made this recipe many times, starting with before we were even married...and everyone loves it including my casserole hating hubby...
we do not really eat a lot of it since it is an oven dish...

being inspired from last night when I made one of my favorite casseroles, chicken and wild rice in the slow cooker instead of the oven and it was a success, I decided to try this one also...after all I had extra hamburger and some tortilla chips that needed using...and I had all of the other ingredients on hand...

my taco casserole

browned hamburger
tomato sauce, 28 oz. (and since it is the slow cooker, I also added a 16 oz can)
taco seasoning'
frozen corn
sliced olives
black beans
tortilla chips (crushed)
cheese

I mixed all ingredients except chips and cheese...I will add chips and cheese about half an hour before end time...

crossing my fingers that all comes out ok...

yum and happy eating...

Zoie is making corn bread to go with this...

No comments:

Post a Comment