Tuesday, August 25, 2015

chicken, sausage, wild rice corn chowder...

my own recipe...yay, tons of leftovers decided to use some of them up in this chowder...

we all love corn chowder here, but I usually do not do too much to mine...ya know the corn, the carrots, and potatoes just a simple chowder...
but I had seen a corn chowder that had italian sausage in it and I wanted to try that...I also happen to love wild rice and wanted some of that in it too...

so here goes,

browned italian sausage
diced cooked chicken (leftover from the big BBQ for hubby's BD)
chopped carrots
chopped onions
diced celery

these 5 indredients were cooked until sausage was browned and onions and other veggies were translucent...
made a roux with 8 tablespoons of butter, 8 tablespoons of flour and 4 cups of chicken stock...once the roux was nice and thick, I added 2 cups of milk and heated through...
to that I added...

wild rice
lots of frozen corn...
and oh some of whatever seasonings you care for...

this actually was very good, almost to die for...sometimes in this heat (still really hot here) after I cook, I cannot eat...but I wanted to try this and I fell in love with it...
will not make a simple corn chowder ever again...

yummy  happy eating...

so good with an artisan bread

No comments:

Post a Comment