Sunday, August 30, 2015

Sunday night family dinner...BBQ spiral ham

I cooked tonight...LOL...
it has been like 106 for days here and just so very hot...lots of sandwiches and wraps, etc for us in this heat...

when shopping at the commissary, hubby and I have our own agendas...he goes straight to the meat department with a list from me, according to the menus I have listed for the month, but I always tell
him, if there is something interesting to get it and I can work it into the monthly rotation...so imagine my surprise when we met up yesterday and there was a spiral ham in his basket...I was in heaven...if I was to be stranded on a desert island, with only one thing it would have to be either ham or bacon...love it...
and I knew right away what the sides would be and how soon I would cook it...

still so hot here but when there is a ham in my frig, nothing else realy matters...haha

menu:

BBQ spiral ham (slow cooked)
homemade macaroni salad
fried corn
this artisan semolina bread that Tim loves that Ralphs sells...

dinner was so good tonight and everyone was really happy...

yum happy eating..

No comments:

Post a Comment